This month we celebrate Career and Technical Education (CTE) throughout the country.
Today's cutting-edge, rigorous and relevant CTE programs prepare youth and adults for a wide range of high wage, high skill, high demand careers. Participation in CTE classes at BISD has tripled in the past three years, with this year’s numbers projected to exceed 4,500! We are very proud of all of our CTE students and their success stories.
BISD students earned over 300 certifications last school year in various fields of studies that are categorized into nine classifications referred to as Career Clusters.
BISD Career Clusters:
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, A/V Production and Communication
- Business, Marketing and Finance
- Education & Training
- Health Science
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
Some Examples of BISD CTE Certification Offerings:
- AWS D1.1 Certification (Levels 1-4)
- Microsoft Office Specialist within Word, ExCel and PowerPoint
- NCCER Core, Welding Level 1 & Construction Technology I
- Servsafe, Food Handlers
- Hunter & Boater Education
- Health Science Certifications:
- Clinical Certifications = Phlebotomy Technician, EKG Technician, Clinical Medical Assistant and Patient Care Technician
- Medical Business Certifications = Medical Administrative Assistant, Electronic Health Record Specialist and Billing and Coding
Multiple CTE student organizations are active and growing. These organizations provide a sense of community and volunteerism, while also allowing students to sharpen their skills and compete at regional, state and national levels.
BISD CTE Student Organizations:
- Business Professionals of America (BPA)
- Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
- Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA)
- National FFA Organization (FFA)
- Skills USA
- Texas Association of Future Educators (TAFE)
- Technology Student Association (TSA).
“We are excited about providing even more options to meet our students interest and ensure we are living our mission of each student being college or career ready,” said Superintendent Danny Massey.
For more information about the BISD CTE program, visit the CTE website or you can contact the CTE Counselors.
| Brazoswood High School
| Lowell Good
| (979) 730-7300
| Brazosport High School
| Inga Gibbons
| (979) 730-7260